Berks Spring Assault 4!

Berks Spring Assault 4!
Berks Spring Assault 4! Warhammer 40K tournament

Berks Warhammer 40K Group

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Expanding our Network.


Well, we did something new that I've been working on for a while.   I've been reaching out trying to connect with other gamers and clubs in surrounding areas to see if we can network together and expand our groups and connect with other fellow gamers.

Saturday April 3rd, we did just that.   Four of us from the Berks Warhammer 40K Club went to the Lehigh Valley Mall in Allentown to the Hobbytown USA up there and met with the local Warhammer 40K club there.   The club, called: "Innocence Means Nothing" has been up and running for about 2 years.

We were pleasantly greeted by the sight of over a dozen gamers in a huge store, with several tables set up for full-scale Warhammer 40K battles.    The I.M.N. club has a nice array of GW gaming boards, and each has been textured to a different theme: Winter/Snow, Jungle, Urban, Desert, and Wilderness.   They had really nice terrain, I was told that was made by someone up in NY.   Each table had it's theme and looked great.

We brought our miniatures along, but weren't too worried about playing a game as we were meeting these fine folk.   A great thing was how well the staff of the store treated us when we arrived.   They readily reckognised us as Wargamers, but welcomed us and were very polite and helpful.  The store was huge, the play area and support for the Warhammer gamers was impressive.

The I.M.N. club meets at the Whitehall Hobbytown USA in the Lehigh Valley Mall on Saturdays from 3:00pm-9:00pm.   I know members of our club will be taking trips up there to join in on their games on occasion, further promoting unions with our clubs.

We also in turn invited them to join us at the Berks Spring Assault tournament.


Joining me in our visit was Brian Smith, Charlie "Dark Lance" Emslie, and Colin Gallen.   Colin even got a chance to throw down with Brian of I.M.N., who is also their club's president.   Colin is learning to use my orks as he is going to be assisting a young Berks club member who is playing orks in our upcoming tournament.   So, Colin got to play 3 quick turns with my Goff Orks of Krogg's Karnage, taking the fight into Brian's Space Wolves.

I have to say, the Orks were doing quite well, and I would love to have seen how this would have turned out going 5 turns.

Well, at least I can say that not only the Berks players, but the orks of Krogg's Karnage have now officially invaded the Lehigh Sector!

1 comment:

  1. That was a great night up there,I am looking at making another visit soon.

    ReplyDelete